iOS 11 iPad Tutorials
Apple's latest update Revolutionizes the iPad Experience
When you first update your iPad to iOS 11, you might not notice too many differences. You can still navigate your device as you did prior to installing the annual software update.
There are, however, some impactful new features hiding beneath the surface that drastically improve the user experience. That’s both the beauty and challenge of recent iPad updates - many advanced features are hidden.
On one hand, it’s great. You can continue to use your iPad as you always have and not worry about learning anything new. On the other hand, you may go months, even years, without using a feature that improves your iPad experience, simply because you never knew it existed.
Instead of relying on a friend or waiting until you accidentally stumble across something new, take a few minutes to explore what the iPad can do. Our team at Generation Connect has created a web series that demonstrates advanced iOS 11 iPad features across four categories:
- The Dock
- Control Center
Do you already know all there is to know about iOS 11? Take the Quiz and find out!
It takes time to become comfortable typing on the iPad keyboard. While many people prefer the tactile feedback of a traditional keyboard, the onscreen digital keyboard includes many useful features such as predictive suggestions, a voice-to-text button, and of course, emojis!
In addition to the aforementioned features, there are hidden keyboard features that further enhance the iPad typing exprience, including:
- How to type numbers and symbols without switching keyboards
- How to turn the keyboard into a trackpad and reposition the cursor
- How to select text so you cut, copy, and paste
- How to select text using the trackpad
The Control Center update is among the most noticeable and impactful changes on the iPad. Not only does Control Center look much different, but there are several new options for customization. Lessons include:
- How to access Control Center
- How to open and close apps from Control Center
- How to disconnect from Wi-Fi and Bluetooth from Control Center
- How to control audio playback from Control Center
- How to adjust volume and screen brightness from Control Center
- How to mirror your screen from Control Center
- How to customize Control Center settings
- Defining each control within Control Center
In iOS 11, there are major changes to the Dock - making it easier than ever to open your most important apps. New featues include:
- How to customize the Dock with apps
- How to utilize recently used and suggested apps in the Dock
- How to access the Dock from within apps
With iOS 11, it is easier than ever to have two apps open at the same time. Multi-tasking on the iPad can be challenging at first, but once you learn how to view two apps simultaneously, it makes many tasks much easier. The lessons on multi-tasking include:
- How to open a Slide Over window from the Dock
- How to close a Slide Over widow
- How to open Split View
- How to adjust Split View
- How to close Split View
- How to use Picture in Picture Video Overlay