The Photos lessons introduce how to take photos and videos, organize them in the Photos app and share them. The lessons will address the following topics:
- How do you take photos and videos using the built-in camera?
- How are your images and videos organized in the Photos app?
- How do you delete photos?
- How do send photos using email?
- How do you save photos that other people emailed to you?
- How do you take a picture of the screen?
- How do you save a photo from within an app?
The Camera App
The camera on the iPad can take high quality photos and videos. Users can adjust focus, zoom on the subject, capture multiple photos rapidly and switch camera modes.
Photos App Overview
The Photos app automatically organizes images and videos based on date and location. You can switch between viewing several smaller pictures at once or enlarging a specific picture to take up the entire screen.
Deleting a Photo
One of the best ways to capture a great photograph is to take lots of pictures and keep your favorites. Delete unwanted photos in bulk or one at a time.
Creating Photos Albums
The Photos app automatically organizes your photos and images based on when and where they were taken, but you also have the option to create your own albums.
Sending Photos with Email
A great way to share photos is by emailing them to friends and family. Sending photos to others can be useful in various situations:
- Send photos from a gathering to those that could not attend
- Show off artwork, gardening or other passion projects
- Forget your scanner! Take a picture of a printed document and email it.
Saving Photos from Email
While email is one of the most popular methods for sharing photos, it’s easy to lose track of photos amidst incoming messages. To avoid losing photos and videos, save them from your email inbox to the Photos app.
Saving Photos from Safari
You can use Safari to search across billions of images - artwork, decor, clothing, travel destinations, celebrities, animals, practically anything! Users can also save those image results to the Photos app.
A screenshot is an image of whatever is displaying on your screen. With the iPad, it's easy to capture a screenshot; simply press down the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time. Screenshots are great for saving confirmation numbers, recipes, memorable messages and more.